Education Wing Guide
Sai Spiritual Education 2018/2019
“Sai Spiritual Education (Bal Vikas) is the primary basis of the great movement to restore righteousness (dharma) in the world. The ideal of the program is to raise a generation of boys and girls who have a clean and a clear conscience.”
– Sathya Sai Baba
SSE vs. SSEHV
Sai Spiritual Education (SSE) program was established in India in 1969 to teach children the spiritual heritage of children in the country.
Promotes the Unity of Religion, Fatherhood of God and the Brotherhood of Man through the stories of Sathya Sai Baba.
Adaptation of the program in the 1980’s resulted in Sathya Sai Education in Human Values
(SSEHV) to foster human and spiritual values in children of parents who were not devotees without the focus on a specific spiritual leader.
SSEHV is currently taught and offered at the Sathya Sai School in Toronto.
Curriculum / SSE Lesson Plans Curriculum / SSE Lesson Plans.
National SSE Theme 2018
Objective: THINK GREEN, ACT GREEN , LIVE GREEN
Adopting green habits in the home to cultivate a healthier lifestyle and simultaneously establish ecological footprint in the world.
Nine Point Code of Conduct:
Bhagawan Sathya Sai Baba has given us the 9 Point Code of Conduct for our spiritual and personal development.
- Daily meditation and prayer (according to one’s own religious practice).
- Devotional singing / prayer with members of the family once a week.
- Participation in Sai Spiritual Education (Bal Vikas Program) by children of the family.
- Participation in community service and other programs of the Organization.
- Attendance at least once a month in group devotional singing organized by the Sai Centre.
- Regular study of Sai literature and literature of all great religions and saints.
- Speaking softly and lovingly with everyone.
- Not indulging in talking ill of others, especially in their absence.
- Putting into practice the principle of ‘Ceiling on Desires’ and striving continuously to eliminate the tendency to waste time, money, food and energy – and utilizing any savings thereby generated for the service of mankind